Haywood County Studio Tour Application Process
CALLING ALL STUDIO ARTISTS!
POLICIES FOR PARTICIPATION
Haywood County Arts Council, with the help of many volunteers, coordinates the Studio Tour, produces the Guide, and makes temporary tour signs available to participating studios. They coordinate all publicity efforts (brochure, press releases–both print and online, radio/television appearances, etc.). Participant work is displayed at a month-long exhibit at the Haywood County Arts Council Gallery in Waynesville with reception on Friday, June 5. Staff and volunteers are on hand at the gallery during the Tour to answer questions, hand out maps and direct visitors.
The Haywood County Studio Tour is the third weekend of June (June 27 & 28, 2020) with the hours of 10 to 5pm, Saturday & Sunday.
Important Dates to Remember:
- February 5, 2020 : Studio Tour Application and Fee Deadline
- May 11, 2020: Studio Tour Exhibit Contract due
- June 2, 2020: Drop off of art work at HCAC for gallery exhibit
- June 5 – 27, 2020: Studio Tour Exhibit at HCAC Gallery
- June 5, 2020: Art After Dark & Artist Reception
- June 27 & 28, 2020: Studio Tour (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- June 29, 2020: Pick up of unsold artwork at HCAC Gallery
- June 30, 2020: Last day to return Studio Tour signs to the HCAC Gallery
Participants must meet the criteria below and return their completed application and payment by 5pm on Wednesday, February 5.
- All work must be original and handcrafted. No work created from commercial kits, stencils, molds, patterns, or prefabricated forms are acceptable.
- Must be current Haywood County Arts Council members (see below for fee) at time of application deadline to the Studio Tour Participation Exhibition and through tour dates.
- Studios must be in Haywood County.
- Participating artists do not have to live in Haywood County, but must show their work in a participating host studio in Haywood and be a current member of Haywood County Arts Council (fee below). (Host artist must be present during the tour)
- High school student artists (18 or under) may exhibit in their parent’s studio during the tour.
- Must complete an artist application (including short bio, brief synopsis of the work with photographs)
- Must be a Haywood County Arts Council member (membership is $10)
- Parent(s) must be participating in the Studio Tour.
HCAC MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Individual artist ($40)
- Young Innovators Membership 19-39 ($30)
- High School Student 15-18 ($10)
STUDIO TOUR PARTICIPATION FEES
- Individual artist ($100)
- Two or more artists collaborating to create a single body of work are considered “one artist” ($100)
- Two or more artists working in the same studio creating multiple and distinct bodies of work are considered “two artists” ($100 each)
- Artist participating at a host studio ($100)
- High School artists participating in their parent’s studio. Parents must be participating in tour. (Free).
- Must be in Haywood County
- Restricted to studios.
- Up to four artists may participate in any single studio (including host[s]).
- Must be open all the designated hours and days of the Tour weekend (10 to 5pm, Saturday & Sunday).
- Must participate in “Punch Card & Win A Prize” promotion ($45 gift certificate w/no expiration date)
- Must have TDA “guest book” for name, email, zip code, nights staying in area, etc.
POLICIES FOR PARTICIPATION – please click on link shown below for the complete policies for participation before you fill out an application.
2020-June-Studio-Tour-Application (word document)
2020-June-Studio-Tour-Application (pdf file)
Pay Studio Tour Fees Online:
A. Click on “Artist/Studio Fee $100” and click “Add to Cart” button. Then you will see your “shopping cart” and in the upper right hand side of the screen, click “Continue Shopping“.
B. If you are not a current HCAC Artist Member, use the down arrow to find the Membership Fee options ($40/$30/$10) and click “Add to Cart“. Then you will see your “shopping cart” and in the upper right hand side of the screen, click “Continue Shopping“.
C. If you are not going to volunteer on a committee, you will need to use the down arrow and click on “Non-Volunteer Fee $30” and click on “Add to Cart“. You should be able to then click “Check Out” to finalize the transaction.