As an advocate for the arts in our community, HCAC develops partnerships with schools, nonprofits, government entities, city revitalization boards, economic development councils, chambers of commerce, and tourism bureaus. These partnerships are often the catalyst for sustainable economic and community development and can lead to programs that connect diverse parts of the county through shared arts experiences.
With the assistance and support of the North Carolina Arts Council, HCAC has an important role in sustaining, growing, and advocating for the arts in Haywood County. The HCAC is a Designated County Partner (DCP) for the North Carolina Arts Council, and administers the Grassroots Arts Program subgrant process as well as the Artist Support Grant for Buncombe, Henderson, Polk, Rutherford, and Transylvania Counties.
2021 Grant Opportunities:
HCAC is still awaiting funding and coordinating with partners on the updated protocols for the 2021 – 2022 grant process. Please sign up for HCAC’s newsletter for up to date information.
Here’s how you can apply:
- Go to https://ncarts.gosmart.org/
- Create an applicant profile
- Access all applications by clicking on the tab “Current Programs and Applications”
- You will need to enter the code ASG21 on the top right where there is a text field that says Invitational Password. Once entered and “OK” is pressed, the first grant that should populate on your screen is Artist Support Grant 2021-2022.
- Press START to begin the application. You may also save your work and come back at any time to finish. We recommend this, so you have time to gather your materials, write your narratives and review without feeling rushed. To continue working on your draft, you’ll press EDIT once logged in again.
ARTIST SUPPORT GRANT SPONSOR
The North Carolina Arts Council builds on our state’s longstanding love of the arts, leading the way to a more vibrant future. The Arts Council is an economic catalyst, fueling a thriving nonprofit creative sector that generates $2.12 billion in annual direct economic activity. The Arts Council also sustains diverse arts expression and traditions while investing in innovative approaches to art-making. The North Carolina Arts Council has proven to be a champion for youth by cultivating tomorrow’s creative citizens through arts education