HCAC seeks to build partnerships that promote art and artists, explore new cultural opportunities, and preserve our mountain artistic heritage. Through memberships, not only are we able to support you and other local artists, but membership dues support the HCAC and its work throughout the year.
Artist members are part of a special art community that comes together to share techniques, build stronger marketing initiatives, volunteer to support bringing art into communities, and much more.
Regular Member: $40 per year
Young Innovators Membership (ages 18 -39): $30 per year
- Webpage: Artist member page, featuring your artist statement, up to four images of work, and contact information. Member pages will have a direct link to your work as well, so you can think of the page as your own mini-website.
- Gallery Exhibits: Only Artist Members may exhibit in any HCAC Gallery, excluding Special Multi-Cultural Exhibits, such as the Cherokee Exhibit.
- Retail Gallery: Artist members have an opportunity to submit an application for juried inclusion into the HCAC Gallery & Gifts retail space, located in downtown Waynesville at 86 N. Main Street.
- Discounts: Art classes, lectures, and exhibit application fees are discounted.
- Programs: As an artist member, you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of HCAC sponsor programs including the Studio Art Tour, Biltmore Eggs, and other programs as they become available. Participation in these programs helps increase your viability!