All of the following sale opportunities include a 30% commission to HCAC.
Only artist members are able to enter exhibits unless it’s a specially curated exhibit. Additionally, only artist members may apply to sell their work in the retail gallery located in the heart of downtown Waynesville.
Want to start showing your work?
Only artist members are able to apply to sell their work in the retail gallery.
Want to start showing your work?
- Ability to participate in HCAC coordinated external exhibits at public, local and regional locations in spaces such as restaurants, theater lobbies, office buildings, etc.
- HCAC will also act as an artist referral liaison for local businesses looking for art outside of a coordinated exhibit.
HCAC provides many opportunities for artist members to demonstrate their process and sell their work in the gallery, at special events and at fundraisers.
Interested in Demonstrating?
- Contact Pamela, Gallery Coordinator, email@example.com
- In gallery demonstrations usually occur on Saturdays from 11 am – 1 pm.
- HCAC provides table, chair, and promotion.
- HCAC prefers demonstrations to be by artists who are exhibiting in the gallery’s current show.
- Artist may bring in any work they want to sell, and HCAC and the artist split the proceeds by the typical commission ratio.
All of the following promotional benefits that include a special artist feature opportunity will be selected through a random drawing at the January Artist Member Only Event. During the artist membership renewal process, artists indicate which opportunities they want to be considered for and will be entered only into those specific opportunity drawings.
- Professional photographs of artwork, up to 10 pieces annually.
- Professional headshot photograph
- Highly reduced fee at $75
- Contact Lauren, Marketing & Membership Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected Artist of the Month will be featured in HCAC’s Newsletter as well as on HCAC’s homepage!
- Artist webpage with four photos of artwork, artist statement, contact information, and website link.
- Opportunity to be the featured artist as the “Artist of the Month” on website home page.
- “Artist of the Month” will also be featured in the monthly general newsletter.
- HCAC will work with local newspapers to create an artist spotlight interview to compliment the newsletter for hard copy print.
February: Mollie Harrington-Weaver
March: Laura Parker
April: Gretchen Clasby
May: Christina Bendo
June: Mary Decker
July: Kathy Chism
August: James Lyle
September: Christine Schlageter
October: Wendy Cordwell
November: Lise Hoffman
December: Richard Hill
Opportunity for an artist member to use (known as “taking over”) HCAC’s secondary Instagram account, @HCACArtists for 1 week. The purpose of this Instagram account is to promote artist members and art education. Learn More HERE
Ability to participate in “Artist Interview Series” series, where two artists will display their work for sale and participate in a facilitated Q & A. The sales commission of 30% / 70% ratio applies.
- Occurs twice annually.
- This will be a free event.
Partnership opportunities will be advertised through the Artist Member Top Two Newsletter
HCAC will have open calls through the Artist Member Top Two Newsletter. You can always reach out to plan one too!
- Opportunity to teach a workshop in HCAC’s gallery or other procured spaces.
- 30% / 70% ratio applies on workshop ticket sales
- Artist may bring in work to sell during workshop and the 30 / 70% ratio applies.
- Submit your class idea to HCAC by filling out and emailing this form.
- Flat rate fees paid by HCAC for creation of products.
- HCAC will purchase and pay for all necessary materials.
- HCAC will get 100% of proceeds.
- There will be a call for work to participate.
Become part of the Quilt Trails Program by designing quilt blocks!
- Artists are paid $100 per design.
- Open call for designers each year with three hired for a two-year period with one person rolling off each year.
- If there is not enough interest, existing designers may continue for another two-year period.
The studio tour is a two-day, self-guided tour where visitors can meet artists in their studios. “Many of the HCAC artist members plan their entire production year around the studio tour, which is one of HCAC’s largest and most-intimate events because you get to meet the artist while viewing their work” says Patty Coulter, a long time HCAC artist, former-board member, and studio tour sponsor.
Starting in 2020, HCAC and Biltmore Estates partner to decorate egg-shaped panels that are displayed on the estate grounds in the spring during Easter. Biltmore provides artists with the egg-shaped panels and paints, then participating artists gather for a fun-filled day of egg decorating and fellowship. For the 2022 season, the Biltmore will advertise that the eggs are for sale through HCAC.
HCAC highlights artist members at our mini-fundraisers and annual fundraiser, the Smoky Mountains Bluegrass Festival. Artist members are given opportunities to demonstrate, sell work, and participate in silent auctions to help promote their work and support HCAC.
The Quilt Trails Program quilt blocks are designed by artist members. Starting in 2022, HCAC will host quilt block design workshops and start an open call for quilt block designers. Artists are paid $100 per design.
Gallery exhibitions are open only to artist members, except for the two annual specially curated exhibits. There is no fee and all artist member artwork is welcome, as long as the work meets HCAC guidelines.