The call for work for 2023 – 2024 Retail Artists is closed. The next call for work will occur in September 2023 for the 2024 - 2025 year.
Retail Gallery Artwork Protocols
The goal of the Haywood County Arts Council Haywood Handmade Gallery is to promote HCAC artist members’ handmade work. Please review carefully!
- Only artist members may participate in exhibits. This requirement is exempt for specially curated exhibits only. To learn more about Artist Memberships click here.
- All artists must live in the Western North Carolina Mountain Region, which includes the following North Carolina counties highlighted on the map at the bottom of this page
1. Demonstrates creativity, originality, and excellence in design
2. Work is saleable
3. Each piece is individually made by the artist
4. Each piece is capable of maintaining its structural integrity over time
HCAC reserves the right to refuse any work they deem unacceptable.
Please ensure all work is appropriate for all ages.
2-D, Wall Hanging Pieces:
1. Frames, mats, acrylic, backing and writing must be high quality, clean, neat, and secure.
2. Ability to hang piece such as wire, clasp or for quilts, a bar or rod of some kind that can adhered to the wall is provided.
3. Sides of unframed canvas’ must be finished.
3-D, Jewelry, Sculptures and Pottery:
1. All work must have a stable, neat, and secure way to stand on its own accord.
2. Fragile work and jewelry must come with appropriate packaging materials.
Medium / Product Specific:
- Cards may be prints of any kind as long as they are made from an original artwork.
- Cards must be presented in a plastic sleeve.
Embellished Found Objects:
- Found objects, such as items premade out of fiber, ceramics, glass or metal are allowed as long as the embellishment is hand applied.
- Hand, Digital, and Embellished prints are allowed.
- Giclee prints are allowed in the retail gallery only.
- Inkjet, and Edition prints are not allowed in retail or exhibits.
- Print must have a back board and plastic sleeve.
Congratulations to our 2022 – 2023 Retail Artists!
- Gretchen Clasby – Painter
- Mary Decker – Painter
- Madelaine Hairrell – Fiber Jeweler
- Gayle Haynie – Glass
- Tina Honerkamp – Painter
- Debra Mills – Basketry
- Cayce Moyer – Mixed Media
- Charles Paine III – Works on Paper
- Carol Roden – Glass
- Pamela Winn – Fiber
The above artists are joining the following retail artists who will continue to sell their work in the gallery through 2022.
- Velda Davis – Clay
- Susan Phillips – Clay
- Jan Kolenda – Clay
- Anne Crook – Fiber
- Barbara Brook – Painter
- Mojo-Stained Glass
- Debbie Skelly – Jeweler
- Cheryl Summey – Jeweler
- Allyson Gernandt – Jeweler
- Diannah Beauregard – Jeweler
- Alice Herring – Mixed Media
- Bonnie Calhoun – Mixed Media
- Melba Cooper – Mixed Media
- Jennifer Sharkey – Painter
- Kathy Ozzard Chism – Photography
- Wendelyn Cordwell – Works on Paper