Heritage Arts & Crafts Vendor Application Information
The Smoky Mountains Bluegrass Festival (SMBF) is a one-day, outdoor festival where visitors enjoy live entertainment (Balsam Range, Unspoken Tradition, and the Kruger Brothers), unique food, and juried arts and crafts booths. To maintain a quality show, we jury all applicants.
We invite you to apply for consideration in this vibrant festival in the mountains of North Carolina. Please review the application and submit it by July 30, 2021. If you have any questions regarding the festival, please contact the Haywood County Arts Council at . Thank you for your interest in our festival. We look forward to receiving your application!
All vendors and their associates are responsible for following the guidelines. If you fail to comply with the guidelines, you may be asked to leave the festival, without a refund.
- Booth spaces are 15’ x 15’. The location is determined by the SMBF Committee after all fees are paid.
- Artist(s) accepted for participation in the show must be in attendance during the festival.
- Artists must supply their own tent, tables, chairs, and display materials. Electricity is not available.
- Sales are limited to the work photographed/described in your application, thus approved by the Jury Committee. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in dismissal from the festival without refund.
- All artisans will display and sell handmade products.
- No commercially made t-shirts and/or other branded items.
- No commercially produced merchandise and/or imports.
- Emphasis will be placed on creativity and quality of products.
- No selling or giving away food or beverages unless they are juried product, or you are an approved “Food Truck”.
- No raffles and/or auctions
- No generators or loud sound systems are allowed.
- No selling or solicitation outside of assigned booth space.
- Vendors must stay open to the public until 6:30 pm. No vehicles will be allowed onto the grounds until 7:30 pm
- The festival is held outdoors, rain or shine. There are no refunds due to weather.
- No crafter will be juried until the application fee ($15) is paid in full.
- No booth assignments will be made until the booth fee ($100) is paid in full.
- Cancellations in writing by September 30, 2021 will receive a 50% refund.
- Your signature on the Application Form constitutes an agreement bound by the stated policies.
- SMBF is required by state law to collect your sales tax number. If you do not know your sales tax number, or have not registered your small business, please visit dor.state.nc.us to acquire this information. Vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting appropriate sales tax to:
Sales & Use Tax Division/NC Department of Revenue, PO Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640
July 30, 2021 – Application Deadline with photos and $15 fee – Later applications may be considered at the discretion of the Special Events Manager.
August 16, 2021 – Jury Committee meets; notifications of acceptance/rejection emailed. No notifications will be made over the phone. Those accepted will be director to a portal to make payment. Payment is due upon acceptance.
August 16 – August 31 – Booth Fee Due. No booth assignment is made until the booth fee is received.
September 30, 2021 – Deadline for written cancellation with 50% refund of booth fee.
Mid-October 2021 – Parking pass, map and booth assignment mailed.
Saturday, October 23, 2021 – Set up begins at 8:00 am
Saturday, October 23, 2021 – Set up concluded by 10:30 am
Smoky Mountains Bluegrass Festival
11:30 am – 6:30 pm
The Heritage Arts & Craft Vendor Application contains all the information shown on this page and you will be asked to acknowledge the following:
I acknowledge that if accepted:
- I will comply with all the Smoky Mountains Bluegrass Festival 2021 guidelines outlined in this application package.
- My application is invalid if all necessary forms & photos are not submitted in full by the deadline.
- All decisions of the SMBF Committee and staff are final, made in keeping with the overall objectives of the festival.
- It is my responsibility to pay all sales taxes to the State of North Carolina.
- Haywood County Arts Council is responsible for making final decisions regarding Smoky Mountains Bluegrass Festival and I agree to abide by its decisions.
- I release Haywood County Arts Council, Maggie Valley Festival Grounds, the SMBF Committee, staff, and volunteers from any responsibility for damage, loss, theft, or injury.
- Violation of rules and guidelines prior to or during the festival will result in loss of booth space, without a refund.
By submitting this application, you agree and acknowledge that you have read and will follow all relevant HCAC, Maggie Valley Festival Grounds, State, and Federal policies and guidance. This explicitly includes HCAC’s policies related to face coverings. Failure to comply with HCAC, Maggie Valley Festival Grounds, State, or Federal policies and/or guidance is subject to removal from the festival grounds. Additionally, all parties agree that HCAC has the sole discretion to modify or cancel the event if it is determined to bin the best interest of the health and safety of the public.
By checking the box on the application, I am responsible for my associates that may assist me at the festival, and this constitutes as a contract to follow all the rules and guidelines set forth within this document and is a commitment to participate, if accepted.
Smoky Mountains Bluegrass FestivalHeritage Arts & Crafts Vendor Application