WNC Student Artist Exhibit:
HCAC Specially Curated Exhibition Prospectus:
Date: April 26, 2022
Contact: Pamela Tiffany, HCAC Gallery Coordinator
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.452.0593
Title of Exhibition: WNC Student Artists
Exhibition Dates: July 1 – July 31, 2022
Submission Due Date: May 23, 2022
The Haywood County Arts Council (HCAC) is pleased to host this exhibition in partnership with Curator, HCC Instructor, and HCAC Board Member, Emily Reason. Please review the full application prior to submission.
Curator Bio: Emily Reason is the clay instructor in the Professional Crafts Program at Haywood Community College. She holds an MFA from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a BFA from West Virginia University. Emily’s career has encompassed artist residencies, writing, teaching, exhibitions, and eleven years as a full-time studio potter.
Theme Description: The exhibition will highlight the diverse and compelling work of western North Carolina’s collegiate artists. HCAC is seeking work that is skillfully crafted, meaningful and inspired.
Eligibility: Eligible artists must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated* from a WNC college/university art or craft program. The applicant’s college/ university must be in one of the WNC counties on the below NC map.
*“Recently graduated,” applicants are those that have graduated between 2021-2022.
• Submissions must be the artist’s original work.
• HCAC Artist Membership is not required but is encouraged. Learn more here
• Artwork must be for sale.
• 2-D artwork must arrive gallery-ready, ready to hang and be presented professionally. Unframed work must have edges considered to be “finished” and in cohesive relation to the overall piece.
• 2- Dimensional Work: Height 6 feet, Width 6 feet, including frame.
• 3- Dimensional Work: Sculptural and small installation work is encouraged.
Works must be able to fit through an average doorway and not exceed 10’ in height. If you are unsure if your work or presentation is, acceptable, please contact Pamela Tiffany.
Read the full prospectus in the application.
*Must have Adobe Reader Installed. The browser will give you access to a link to download Adobe Reader. Download, fill out, then save.
- Only artist members may participate in exhibits. This requirement is exempt for specially curated exhibits only. To learn more about Artist Memberships click here.
- All artists must live in the Western North Carolina Mountain Region, which includes the following North Carolina counties highlighted on the map to the right.
- No exhibit entry fees.
- No jury for exhibits.