Our Mountain Music Traditions
Theme Description: This music themed exhibit gives HCAC artists members the opportunity
to show works that use music as its inspiration. A focus on bluegrass, Appalachian, or mountain
music and instruments encouraged. As an example, the work could be influenced by a
traditional Appalachian song, or could illustrate a traditional Appalachian instrument. Artist
Statements must include how music is related to the artwork.
Contact: Pamela Tiffany, HCAC Gallery Coordinator
Contact Information: Gallerygifts@haywoodarts.org or 828.452.0593
Title of Exhibition: Our Mountain Music Traditions
Exhibition Dates: October 7 –November 13, 2022
Contract Due Date: Sunday, September 19, 2022
*Must have Adobe Reader Installed. The browser will give you access to a link to download Adobe Reader. Download, fill out, then save.
Gallery Exhibit Protocols
The goal of the Haywood County Arts Council Haywood Handmade Gallery is to promote HCAC artist members’ handmade work. Please review carefully!
- Only artist members may participate in exhibits. This requirement is exempt for specially curated exhibits only. To learn more about Artist Memberships click here.
- All artists must live in the Western North Carolina Mountain Region, which includes the following North Carolina counties highlighted on the map at the bottom of this page
- Artwork must fit the theme of the exhibit
- Exhibit artwork cannot be repeated for at least two years.
- No exhibit entry fees.
- No jury for exhibits.
1. Demonstrates creativity, originality, and excellence in design
2. Work is saleable
3. Each piece is individually made by the artist
4. Each piece is capable of maintaining its structural integrity over time
HCAC reserves the right to refuse any work they deem unacceptable.
Please ensure all work is appropriate for all ages.
2-D, Wall Hanging Pieces:
1. Frames, mats, acrylic, backing and writing must be high quality, clean, neat, and secure.
2. Ability to hang piece such as wire, clasp or for quilts, a bar or rod of some kind that can adhered to the wall is provided.
3. Sides of unframed canvas’ must be finished.
3-D, Jewelry, Sculptures and Pottery:
1. All work must have a stable, neat, and secure way to stand on its own accord.
2. Fragile work and jewelry must come with appropriate packaging materials.